MasterSeal 550 is an acrylic reinforced cementitious, flexible waterproof coating
How does MasterSeal 550 work?
MasterSeal 550 is a two component acrylic modified cementitious coating that requires only on site mixing to form the ideal product to waterproof and resurface concrete, masonry, and most other construction materials.
What is MasterSeal 550 used for?
MasterSeal 550 can be used for the following applications:
- To reface and even out variations in concrete surfaces.
- As a waterproof lining for water retaining structures.
- For coating seawater channels.
- Sealing and coating tie bar holes to ensure watertightness.
- For waterproofing and protection against brackish water.
- To provide foundation protection.
- As a waterproof coating for roofs.
- As a backing to marble and granite to prevent water ingress and thus alleviate surface staining.
- To provide protection to concrete surfaces from carbonation and chloride attack.
- For use on pedestrian walkways in marine areas.
What are the benefits of MasterSeal 550?
MasterSeal 550 is a versatile product offering many advantages to the user:
- Excellent adhesion. Bonds to porous and nonporous surfaces.
- Non toxic suitable for contact with potable water.
- Suitable for light pedestrian traffic.
- Breathable - whilst repelling water, allows substrate to breathe.
- High resistance to chloride ion diffusion.
- Unlike conventional coatings which require a 7-28 day cure of concrete, MasterSeal 550 can be applied to 24 hour-old concrete thereby giving immediate protection.