Masterseal M 689 - A high elastic, ultra-fast curing, spray applied 100% polyurea membrane for use in waterproofing applications
MasterSeal M 689 is a solvent free, two component waterproofing membrane. It is highly reactive and can only be applied by special two component hot spray equipment.
Where is Masterseal M 689 ultra-fast curing polyurea membrane applied?
MasterSeal M 689 is used in a variety of waterproofing applications, especially where a high degree of chemical and mechanical resistance is required.
- Waste water treatment plants (urban and
industrial), both in the inflow and outflow
- Sewage effluent pipelines.
- Steel and concrete pipes.
- Secondary containment bunds in chemical
and petrochemical industries.
- Additionally MasterSeal M 689 can be applied
- Flat and architectural roofs.
- Horizontal and vertical substrates.
- Internal and external areas.
- Concrete, cementitious mortar or steel
- Reinforced concrete to protect it against
carbonation, chloride induced corrosion or
chemical attack in industrial environments.
What are the advantages of a ultra-fast curing, spray applied 100% polyurea membrane?
- Spray delivered and ultra-fast curing:
enables easy application to form a
monolithic waterproofing membrane on
simple and complex surfaces.
- Rapid curing
- Continuous membrane:
monolithic – no laps, welds or seams
Excellent chemical resistance.
- Waterproof and resistant to standing
- Fully bonded to substrate:
can be applied to a wide range of
substrates with the appropriate primer.
- High water vapour permeability:
low risk of blistering.
- High resistance to carbon dioxide
Protects concrete from rebar corrosion.
- High abrasion and impact resistance:
Withstand mechanical traffic.
- High elasticity and crack bridging
o Remains elastic at low temperatures;
Tg approx. – 45°C
o High durability and protection with reduced
cracking due to embrittlement
- Thermoset – does not soften at high
- Resistance to root penetration