MasterEmaco S 488 - Shrinkage compensated, fiber reinforced, thixotropic repair mortar
How does MasterEmaco S 488 work?
MasterEmaco S 488 is a cementitious prebagged ready-to-use structural repair mortar in powder form. When mixed with the correct amount of water, it produces a thixotropic, high strength repair mortar, reinforced with acrylic fibres. It possesses excellent bond characteristics to steel reinforcement and to concrete.
MasterEmaco S 488 mortar is shrinkage compensated. It has low permeability and is extremely durable. MasterEmaco S 488 contains no metallic aggregate and is chloride free.
MasterEmaco S 488 is formulated for sprayed or trowelled applications, in thicknesses up to 50mm in one layer by hand application.
What is MasterEmaco S 488 used for?
- All types of structural repair which can be applied by trowel or wet spray.
- Repair of structural members subjected to repetitive loading.
- Repairs to reinforced or pre-stressed beams or columns.
- Protection of concrete subject to attack from water containing chlorides and sulphates etc.
- Repairs in industrial areas, especially those containing mineral oils, lubricants.
- Repairs in marine environments.
What are the benefits of MasterEmaco S 488?
- Shrinkage compensation - reduces the risk of cracking due to shrinkage and ensures full contact with host concrete and load transfer in structural repair situations
- No primer required - allows rapid application at reduced cost
- Can be spray applied - rapid application of large quantities
- Low rebound - when spray applied rebound is minimal, with subsequent saving in material cost
- Extremely low permeability - gives excellent
resistance to attack by aggressive elements