MasterEmaco S 496 - Ultra high strength, non-shrink, free-flowing “micro-concrete” for structural concrete repairs
What is MasterEmaco S 496?
MasterEmaco S 496 is a pre-packaged blend of
Portland cement, carefully graded natural aggregate,
specially selected sand, shrinkage control agents,
fillers, fluidity aids. When mixed with the stated
amount of water it produces a very high strength,
cohesive, dimensionally stable, free flowing, precision
micro-concrete suitable for form and pour repair
What is MasterEmaco S 496 used for?
MasterEmaco S 496 is the ideal material for vertical
or horizontal structural repairs where large concrete
section loss warrants the use of formwork or where
there is congested reinforcement or impeded access
that prevents the use of hand or spray applied repair
mortars. Its high ultimate strength makes it ideal for
use in heavy load bearing structural repairs.
MasterEmaco 496 has been developed to fulfill the
requirements of EN 1504 Principle 3.2: recasting
with concrete, and Principle 4.4: structural
strengthening by adding mortar or concrete. Other
areas of use include;
• Interior and exterior concrete repair
• Large volume structural repairs Principle 3.1 EN
• Columns strengthening according to Principle 3.2
• Repair of honeycombed concrete
• Foundation rebuilding
• Floors & soffits
What are the benefits of MasterEmaco S 496?
• Shrinkage compensated - unique formulation
provides dual expansion system in plastic and
hardened states for reduced risk of cracking.
• Reduced heat of hydration allows large scale
repairs to be carried out with a drastically
reduced risk of thermal cracking.
• Proven and predictable performance -
material is precision blended in the factory to
ensure consistent results.
• Free flowing / self-compacting: ensures
complete filling and eliminates
honeycombing in areas of congested
• Excellent workability retention even at high
• High bond strength to steel and concrete.
• High early strength development even at
flowable consistency enables formwork to
be stripped at an early age thus saving
time and money
• Impermeable thus high durability.
• Very high ultimate compressive strength.
• Excellent resistance to chloride ion Ingress.