MasterFiber 022 - Monofilament polypropylene fibres for cementitious systems
What is MasterFiber 022?
MasterFiber 022 is a high performance
monofilament polypropylene fibre developed as a
crack controlling additive for concrete and
MasterFiber 022 is supplied agglomerated in
flakes bound by a water soluble adhesive.
What is MasterFiber 022 used for?
MasterFiber 022 is used to inhibit the formation
of small cracks which can occur through plastic
shrinkage and settlement, premature drying and
early thermal changes, in order to provide
utilisation of the intrinsic properties of the
hardened cementitious material.
Specifically designed for crack control in
cementitious materials covering areas such as
readymix concrete, precast concrete,
conventional shotcrete, screeds rendering
Principle uses of fibre concrete include: concrete
slabs, pavements, driveways, imprinted concrete,
curbs, pipes, overlays patch repair, microsilica
concrete, thin section walling, water retaining
structures, marine concrete, heavy industrial
What are the benefits of MasterFiber 022?
• Can replace anti-crack wire mesh in factory
and warehouse floors.
• Inhibits intrinsic cracking in concrete.
• Disperse uniformly throughout the mix.
• Improves finishing characteristics.
• Improves concrete durability.
• Increases impact and abrasion resistance.
• Impervious to alkali attack.
• Decreases construction time and labour.
• Reduced risk of subsequent damage.
• Improves fire resistance – reduces the
• Incidence of explosive spalling during