MasterLife WP 3760 - Crystalline waterproofing admixture for concrete & mortars
How does MasterLife WP 3760 work?
MasterLife WP 3760 hydrophilic crystalline waterproofing powder admixture is an integral crystalline capillary waterproofing admixture for concrete. It is designed for use in above- and below-grade applications.
MasterLife WP 3760 consists of Portland
cement, very fine treated silica sand and various
active, proprietary chemicals. These active
chemicals react with the moisture in fresh
concrete with the by-products of cement
hydration to cause a reaction, which generates
an insoluble crystalline deposit throughout the
pores and capillary tracts of the concrete. Thus
the concrete with MasterLife WP 3760 reduces
water permeability. This product also has a selfhealing
property under presence of moisture and
can heal cracks below 0.5 mm.
MasterLife WP 3760 can be used as an applied
coating, mixed to a slurry consistency with potable
water. MasterLife WP 3760 is applied directly to
concrete, blockwork or cement renders in areas
where general waterproofing is required.
What is MasterLife WP 3760 used for?
MasterLife WP 3760 should be used in all structural concrete that is constantly or intermittently in contact with water such as sea walls, tunnels, basements, structural and precast concrete. MasterLife WP 3760 can also be used as crystalline waterproofing admixture for cement mortars and plasters.
To waterproof structures such as:
- Building Basement and foundations
- Sewage and water treatment plants
- Dams, canals, Tunnels, Harbours
- Tunnel and subway systems
- Water reservoirs
- Concrete pipes
- Parking structures
- Pre-Cast, Cast-in-Place and Shotcrete
- Swimming pools
- Retaining walls & sea defense walls
What are the advantages of MasterLife WP 3760?
- Crystalline cementitious material
- Integral addition
- Reduces concrete permeability
- Allows concrete to breathe
- Non toxic
- Becomes an integral part of the concrete
- Reduces penetration of water and other liquids
- Can seal hairline cracks up to 0.5 mm
- Resists positive and negative side hydrostatic pressure
- Protects against sewage and industrial wastes
- Less expensive than traditional methods
- Added to the concrete at time of batching and therefore, is not subject to climatic restraints