MasterProtect 8500CI - Dual-phase Corrosion Inhibitor
What is MasterProtect 8500CI?
MasterProtect 8500CI is a single component,
ready to use, low viscosity, clear liquid that,
combines the power of a 100% reactive
penetrating corrosion inhibitor and a latent- phase
corrosion inhibitor to mitigate electrochemical
corrosion of reinforcing steel in new or aged
Only MasterProtect 8500CI couples the primary
reactive penetrant with a second, latent-phase
corrosion inhibitor. This latent-phase inhibitor
activates when the concrete cracks, migrating to
the reinforcing steel to provide an extra level of
protection when it is most needed.
What is MasterProtect 8500CI used for?
MasterProtect 8500CI is sprayed directly onto
the surface of steel reinforced concrete
structures and buildings. It is equally suited to
cast in situ, precast, post tensioned, prestressed, GFRC, or other steel reinforced
concrete. MasterProtect 8500CI can be used as
part of an overall repair strategy using
MasterEmaco concrete repair systems to
mitigate corrosion rates within the balance of the
structure and significantly reduce the possibility
of “ring anode” induced spalling later.
Equally MasterProtect 8500CI can be used as a
cost- effective preventative measure before the
onset of corrosion induced problems occur.
Contact your local Master Builders Solutions
representative for further information.
It is particularly suited for the protection of:
• Steel reinforced concrete, including cast-in
place, precast, pre-stressed and post
• Building facades and balconies, parking
structures, pedestrian walks, bridge decks
and supporting elements (beams, columns,
etc.), concrete docks and piers
• Marine and other high humidity environments
not subject to hydrostatic pressure
• Steel-reinforced concrete exposed to de-icing
What are the benefits of MasterProtect 8500CI?
• 100% reactive ingredients. No diluents or
• Easy to apply and quick-drying for faster
• Provides water repellent surface to prevent
penetration of moisture and chlorides
• Reduces corrosion due to the ring anode or
• Suitable for use in new construction and repair
• Effective in chloride-contaminated and
carbonated concrete to significantly slow the
rate of corrosion
• Latent-phase corrosion inhibitor activates if
concrete cracks, or if moisture penetrates into
the concrete, providing extended protection
when it is most needed
• Vapor-permeable, to prevent moisture
• Effective in high humidity environments to
mitigate corrosion of reinforcing steel.
• Easy to apply surface treatment that
penetrates the concrete to bond with steel and
the concrete matrix to inhibit microcell (mat-tomat) and microcell (along rebar) corrosion of
steel reinforce concrete
• Normally does not require removal prior to
subsequent coating applications, thereby
reducing downstream labour cost compared
with many other corrosion inhibitors.