MasterEmaco P 5000 AP
Multi-use active reinforcement primer
Successful concrete repairs are reliant on using a suitable primer to ensure the protection of any exposed rebars and the bonding of repair mortars. MasterEmaco P 5000 AP is a single-component cement-based primer that not only protects steel and inhibits rust but also provides a suitable surface for concrete-repair mortars.
Where can MasterEmaco P 5000 AP be used?
As well as protecting steel reinforcement, MasterEmaco P 5000 AP can be used as a bonding slurry for subsequent repair mortars. When mixed with water to make a slurry, it can be applied by brush to the clean exposed reinforcement, or directly on the concrete as a bonding slurry.
Typical applications include:
- Where steel is visible, and depth of cover will be less than 10 mm
- On concrete contaminated with chlorides
- In critical environments for extra protection
- When repair mortars can’t be applied immediately after cleaning rebars
- To support bond and application of hand-applied repair mortars in extreme thicknesses/conditions
- With MasterEmaco N 5200 repairs when steel is visible
What makes MasterEmaco P 5000 AP different?
MasterEmaco P 5000 AP reinstates a high pH environment to protect the reinforcement steel, and its active corrosion-inhibiting additives provide extra long-term steel reinforcement protection. The primer is formulated for optimal compatibility with steel rebars and concrete or repair mortars.
What are the advantages of using MasterEmaco P 5000 AP?
The long-term protection of steel reinforcement plays a significant part in avoiding concrete deterioration. Owners will benefit from fewer repair cycles during the lifetime of the structure, helping to reduce overall downtime and structural maintenance costs.