MasterFlow 648 - Low creep, high strength, high flow, high temperature epoxy grout
What is MasterFlow 648?
MasterFlow 648 is a precision epoxy resin grout, consisting of three components - resin, hardener and specially blended inert aggregates. On mixing, the components yield a high flow, high strength grout. MasterFlow 648 is designed for use even in narrow gaps under baseplates and to effectively transfer all static and dynamic loads to the equipment foundation even at elevated service temperatures.
Where is MasterFlow 648 recommended for?
MasterFlow 648 is recommended for grouting heavy-duty machines exerting high dynamic loads on foundations. It is suitable for a minimum 15mm gap below the baseplate. This epoxy resin grout is ideal for situations where:
- Gaps below baseplates are narrow and/or where the baseplates are large
- Machine baseplates can attain high temperatures in service e.g. heavy duty compressors in petrochemical industries
- Machines that exert high vibratory or tensile loads on foundations e.g. ball mills in the steel industry
- The grout bed is likely exposed to spillage of aggressive chemicals e.g. grout beds below machines in chemical industries
- Machines that have to be commissioned quickly e.g. production machines taken out for maintenance
What makes MasterFlow 648 a unique solution?
MasterFlow 648 meets the customer's need for a high-strength epoxy resin grout that can be applied at variable thicknesses and has an adjustable flow to ensure that any grouting job where chemical resistance or fast return to service is important.
The grout is designed for use even in narrow gaps under baseplates and to effectively transfer all static and dynamic loads to the equipment foundation even at elevated service temperatures.
How can you benefit from MasterFlow 648?
- High flow – Effective grouting of even narrow gaps and large baseplates.
- High tensile and flexural strengths – Efficient transfer of operational loads to foundation including high dynamic loads.
- High strengths even at elevated temperatures – Maintains alignment and level even with elevated baseplate temperatures.
- High bond strength – Protects machine from vibrations by effective dampening.
- High resistance to creep – Maintains alignment and level over a long time.
- Good chemical resistance – Durable even when exposed to many industrial chemicals.
- High early strengths – Allows early load transfer and rapid commissioning of machines.
- Variable fill ratio – Flowability can be optimized for ease of application and to maximize the cost of effectiveness.
How to install MasterFlow 648
Learn how to install MasterFlow 648 precision epoxy resin grout in our video below.
Explore other precision grouts solutions
About Master Builders Solutions
Master Builders Solutions is our global brand for the construction chemicals industry. With an active presence in the construction industry for more than 100 years, Master Builders Solutions offers a range of construction chemical solutions to meet the growing demand for high-performance, differentiated and sustainable products in the Asia Pacific.
In May 2023, MB Solutions Singapore became part of
Sika, a specialty chemicals company with a leading position in the development and production of systems and products for bonding, sealing, damping, reinforcing, and protecting in the building sector and motor vehicle industry.