MasterGlenium SKY 8320 – New generation high range water reducing admixture
What is MasterGlenium SKY 8320?
MasterGlenium SKY 8320 is a new generation superplasticizer for concrete. It contains polycarboxylate ether polymers and is specially formulated for ready-mix concrete where slump retention, high strengthand durability are required in hot climates such as Singapore.
MasterGlenium SKY 8320 is chloride-free and complies with ASTM C494 Types A and F, and is also compatible with all cements meeting recognized international standards.
What makes MasterGlenium SKY 8320 a unique solution?
MasterGlenium SKY 8320 is differentiated from conventional superplasticizers in that it is based on a unique polycarboxylate ether polymer with long lateral chains. This greatly improves cement dispersion. At the start of the mixing process, the presence of the lateral chains, linked to the polymer backbone, generates a steric hindrance that stabilizes the cement particles capacity to separate and disperse. This mechanism provides flowable concrete with greatly reduced water demand.
MasterGlenium SKY 8320 pushes the performance of concrete, saving on cement and water
The excellent dispersion effect makes MasterGlenium SKY 8320 the ideal admixture for the ready-mix concrete industry. The ability to work with low water /cement ratios and still obtain extended slump retention allows for the manufacture of high quality concrete.
Maintaining the high flowability of the concrete allows the material to be placed quickly and efficiently whilst ensuring consistency. The consistent workability of the concrete enables placement and finishing leading to easier operations, less wastage and time savings.
As a self-compacting concrete, MasterGlenium SKY 8320 enables complicated concrete structural construction easier and more possible.
Benefits of MasterGlenium SKY 8320
MasterGlenium SKY 8320 offers several benefits for the concrete industry in Singapore such as:
- High water reduction - High early and ultimate strengths for low permeability and high durability concrete
- High flowability - Ease of placing and compaction; no segreation
- Superior slump retention - Ease of delivery to point of placement
- Low shrinkage and creep - Improve dimensional stability; reduced risk of cracks
- Good cohesion - Ease of pumping
- Good workability - Excellent surface appearance
- Minimal bleed water - Excellent concrete quality
- High elastic modulus - Superior load bearing capacity
Explore other MasterGlenium solutions