MasterSeal NP 472 - Multipurpose building joint sealant
What is MasterSeal NP 472?
MasterSeal NP 472 is a high performance one component, moisture curing, polyurethane construction sealant. MasterSeal NP 472 is formulated to offer a non-slump elastomeric seal in properly designed and construction joints, which exhibits good skin formation time and fast cure.
Where is MasterSeal NP 472 used?
MasterSeal NP 472 as a multipurpose building joint sealant is recommended for use in:
- Interior and exterior applications
- Construction joints and expansion joints in buildings and civil structures
- Joints in precast concrete elements
- External walling and cladding joints
What are the benefits of MasterSeal NP 472?
- Excellent non-sag properties - suitable for vertical surfaces and soffits
- Smooth consistency for easier and quicker application (excellent gunability)
- Short skinning time - early resistance to rain and low risk of dirt pickup
- Excellent adhesion and high durability
- Forms a blister-free surface
- Good UV, weathering and aging resistance
- High elastic recovery
- Resistance to dilute acids and bases
To learn more about MasterSeal NP 472 as a multipurpose building joint sealant, contact the local Master Builders Solutions team.
How to install MasterSeal sealants
When working with sealants, the most common cause of "call backs" is sealant failure due to improper surface preparation and sealant application. Master Builders Solutions defines five basic steps below for proper joint preparation and sealant application. Care must be taken during each of these steps to ensure the successful installation of our MasterSeal sealants.
Other Joint Sealant Solutions