Hong Kong-Macau-Zhuhai Bridge
The World's Longest Crossing Sea Bridge
Location: Hong Kong, Zhuhai, Macau, China
Project completed: 23 October 2018
- MasterTop P 1602
- MasterTop 1228
- MasterTop TC 405
- MasterEmaco T 2900
- MasterBrace 1438
- MasterSeal 678
The world's longest sea crossing, linking Hong Kong, Macau and Zhuhai, in the Guangdong province of China, opened on October 24 2018 to much fanfare. The 55-kilometer bridge and tunnel took almost 10 years to complete.
To achieve a designed structural life of at least 120 years, the designers needed a suite of innovations - several of which came from Master Builders Solutions such as:
- Protection for the bridge piers that are constantly subjected to harsh and corrosive environments in the marine area.
- Construction materials and applications ability to withstand the tropical cyclones and typhoons which regularly strike this area.
- Durable and wear-resistant coatings for the highly trafficked parking garage at the immigration and customs formalities area.
View complete project reference
- MasterTop P 1602 (Flooring System)
- MasterTop 1228 (Flooring System)
- MasterTop TC 405 (Flooring System)
- MasterEmaco T 2900 provides excellent bonds at the expansion joints which enable the road pavement to safely absorb traffic loads at the main parts of the bridge.
- MasterBrace 1438 protects bridge piers from corrosion.
- MasterSeal 678 provides waterproofing and wear resistance.