MasterLife WP 1500 - High-Performance Dual Mechanism Liquid Crystalline Waterproofing Admixture
What is MasterLife WP 1500?
MasterLife WP 1500 is a high-performance dual-mechanism liquid crystalline waterproofing admixture. Concrete treated with MasterLife WP 1500 has reduced permeability as additional calcium silicate hydrates (CSH) and crystalline deposits are formed in the capillary channels. If the concrete cracks, the active chemicals will react with water and moisture to seal the cracks.
How does MasterLife WP 1500 work?
MasterLife WP 1500 is a self-healing, crack-sealing
waterproofing concrete admixture. It contains various active proprietary chemicals that react with the hydration products of cement to form additional CSH, imparting better impermeability and strength to the concrete.
In the presence of water and moisture, the active chemicals will react to form insoluble crystalline deposits throughout the pores and capillary tracts of the concrete, sealing cracks in the concrete. MasterLife WP 1500 can seal cracks up to 0.4mm.
Where can MasterLife WP 1500 be used?
MasterLife WP 1500 is an integral waterproofing concrete admixture designed for use in below-grade and above-grade applications. It can be used in all structural concrete that is constantly or intermittently in contact with water such as sea walls, tunnels, basements, and structural and precast concrete. Typical applications include:
MasterLife WP 1500 can be used as a crystalline waterproofing additive for cement mortars and plasters.
- Sewage and water treatment plants
- Liquid retaining structures
- Water reservoirs and tanks for potable water
- Swimming pools
- Foundations, basements, lift pits, podiums, balconies, and roofs
- Parking structures
- Precast concrete
- Pre-stressed and post-tensioned concrete
- Tunnel and subway systems
- Concrete subject to wet, harsh, and aggressive environments
How can you benefit from MasterLife WP 1500?
Benefits of MasterLife WP 1500 include:
- Reduces concrete permeability for longer service life
- Crack-sealing properties for cracks up to 0.4mm, lowering maintenance cost
- Added to the concrete at batching with simple pumps, increasing productivity in the batching plant
- Non-toxic - promotes safety at the site
- 7 - 28 strength gain in concrete similar to powder crystallization concrete admixtures