MasterPozzolith R 148 – Water reducing and set retarding
How does MasterPozzolith R 148 work?
MasterPozzolith R 148 delays the initial hydration of cement thus retarding setting times and extending workability. However, the hardening process is not substantially modified, so that an increase in strength is obtained in proportion to the reduction in mixing water.
MasterPozzolith R 148 is compatible with the following:
- All types of concrete where retardation of set and improved performance are required
- Improving pumped concrete and conventionally placed concrete
- Improving plain, reinforced, precast, prestressed, light weight or standard weight concrete
What makes MasterPozzolith R 148 a unique solution?
MasterPozzolith R 148 maintains workability at high temperatures. It helps to eliminate the need for re-tempering thus assuring consistent concrete performance, no loss of concrete strength, and no rejections of concrete when placing.
What are the benefits of MasterPozzolith R 148?
- A highly flowable yet stable concrete mix result in reducing placement times and saving project time as well as labour resources.
- High water reduction - high impermeability and strength; improves durability of concrete
- Maintains the workability of the concrete, even at high temperatures - allows the material to be placed quickly and efficiently whilst ensuring consistency. The consistent workability of the concrete enables placement and finishing, leading to easier operations, less wastage and time savings.
- Easy and rapid pumping operations - higher ultimate strength with better surface finish
- MasterPozolith R 148 provides good cohesion that reduces segregation among the concrete mix. It helps to ensure good homogeneity whilst maintaining workability thus improving the finishing characteristics.