MasterSeal NP 472 - Multipurpose, building joint polyurethane sealant with good weathering and tear resistance
How does MasterSeal NP 472 work?
MasterSeal NP 472 is a high-performance one component, moisture curing, polyurethane sealant in construction. The product has been formulated to offer a non-slump elastomeric seal in properly designed and constructed joints, exhibiting good skin formation time, and a fast cure.
What is MasterSeal NP 472 recommended for?
MasterSeal NP 472 has been developed specifically for sealing dynamically moving joints such as expansion and control joints. MasterSeal NP 472 demonstrates high elasticity and recovery properties and therefore may be used to bond and seal most common building materials including concrete, glass, wood, stone, metal, and anodized aluminum. In addition, MasterSeal NP 472, our polyurethane sealant, has excellent tear resistance and good weathering characteristics.
Recommended uses of MasterSeal NP 472 include
- Interior and exterior applications
- Construction and expansion joints in buildings and civil structures
- Joints in precast concrete elements
- External walling and cladding joints
What are the benefits of MasterSeal NP 472?
- Single component – easy to use
- Primer free – faster and easier application
- Non-staining – better aesthetic retention
- Low modulus – durable and resilient seal
- Excellent non-sag properties – easy application on vertical surfaces and soffits
- Faster skinning time – early resistance to rain and low risk of dirt pickup
- Good resistance to dilute acids and alkalis – wider application range
What is the purpose of joint sealants?
The integrity of a structure is often as good as the sealants used whenever two surfaces are joined together. Generally, joint sealants perform four basic functions:
How to install MasterSeal sealants
When working with sealants, the most common cause of "callbacks" is sealant failure due to improper surface preparation and sealant application. Master Builders Solutions defines the five basic steps below for proper joint preparation and sealant application. Care must be taken during each of these steps to ensure the successful installation of our MasterSeal sealants.
Other Joint Sealant Solutions