MasterSeal NP 474 - Resilient, durable primerless polyurethane sealant and adhesive
What is MasterSeal NP 474?
MasterSeal NP 474 is a single component polyurethane-based sealant for floor joints, wall joints in public areas, prisons, schools, colleges, hospitals because of excellent resilience and pick resistance. It cures under the influence of atmospheric humidity and forms a chemical, good mechanical resistance and elastic joint sealant.
Where is MasterSeal NP 474 used?
MasterSeal NP 474 is suitable for the following applications:
- For interior and exterior application
- For floor connection and expansion joints in buildings and civil structures
- For pedestrian and traffic areas (e.g. car decks/parks)
- For warehouse and production areas
- For ceramic tile coverings exposed to traffic (e.g. public areas, shopping centers)
- For medium chemical and mechanical loads (e.g. canteen kitchens, garages)
- As a strong resilient elastic adhesive for construction and industrial applications
What are the benefits of MasterSeal NP 474?
- Single component – easy to use
- Good mechanical and chemical resistance
- Excellent adhesion even without primer
- Fast curing
- Forms a smooth blister free surface, only when applied onto dry substrates
- High elastic recovery
- Good weathering and aging resistance
- No thermo plasticity (no temperature softening)
- Fast skinning time. Low risk of dirt pickup
- Complies to ISO 11600, IVD leaflet No. 1
What is the purpose of joint sealants?
The integrity of a structure is often as good as the sealants used whenever two surfaces are joined together. Generally, joint sealants perform four basic functions:
How to install MasterSeal sealants
When working with sealants, the most common cause of "callbacks" is sealant failure due to improper surface preparation and sealant application. Master Builders Solutions defines the five basic steps below for proper joint preparation and sealant application. Care must be taken during each of these steps to ensure the successful installation of our MasterSeal sealants.
Other Joint Sealant Solutions