MasterSeal 345 – Waterproofing membrane
How does the MasterSeal 345 waterproofing membrane work?
MasterSeal 345 membrane is a sprayable membrane for waterproofing concrete structures and water management. It can be spray-applied between layers of sprayed or cast-in-place concrete or used as a stand-alone membrane. MasterSeal 345 membrane exhibits high bond strength to the substrates on both sides of the membrane with good elasticity, even on the damp section of the substrate.
Where is MasterSeal 345 recommended for use in?
- Cast-in-place or precast
- Composite-designed sandwich structures (concrete/membrane/ concrete)
- Underground structures with complex profiles and geometry
- Bonds to steel and most sheet membranes and enables interface solutions with other waterproofing methods
Illustration: Example of MasterSeal 345 double-bonded sprayed membrane application in composite shell lining tunnel
What are the unique features of MasterSeal 345?
- Dry-process material, ready-for-use
- Elasticity 80-140% between -4 and 68 ºF (-20 and 20 ºC)
- Fast curing – in 4 to 6 hours (depending on environmental conditions)
- No toxic components
- Environmentally preferable – non-toxic
What are the benefits of MasterSeal 345?
- Speed and ease of application
- Fast curing prevents disruption of construction operations
- Two-sided bond with sprayed-concrete allows for composite behavior
- Double bonded composite shell lining allows no water ingress